There comes a time when you´re confronted with your limits, sewing wise, and you just have to accept the outcome is the best you could do at that time. I was part of the testing group for the Acton dress back in February (or was it March?) and, similarly to the Rushcutter, the pattern just blew me away.
I don´t feel like I made it justice; I envisioned it in this beautiful silk from Maçãs d´Amor and a pair of more professional hands was definitely a requisite to handle it properly. The pattern has an inverted V shape at the front, princess seams, understitching, an invisible zipper and bodice lining, you know, all of the good stuff we want, with a great picture tutorial and instructions to go with it. Now imagine all of these steps in a flowy, slippery, perfect 100% silk that completely lost its shape right after cutting and there was no basting or staystitching to save it. My pieces got tottaly out of control so I finished the best I could.
I did the view B with the loose A line skirt but I used view A´s high back instead, and I also lenghtened the skirt (can´t really remember how much, in fact I think I just lenghtened it so I could use my whole fabric). The artistic photos, or at least an attempt to get artistic, came out blurry, which you should be grateful for, it just means you won´t burn your eyes with my mismatched seams, ha!
You should definitely take a look at Emily´s In the Folds, there´s much more information there (and wonderful tutorials too!). As for me, lesson learned, silk is for the Gods, but I´ll still be patiently waiting for next Summer and a light breeze so I can twirl around some more.